The Ornamental Orange trees along the walls on R.H. Johnson Blvd. are being removed and replaced with Southern Live Oaks.
The total number of trees affected is 354.
Current orange trees require routine maintenance, including trimming, cleanup and painting of the trunks.
Southern Live Oaks
- Grow at a moderate rate
- Evergreen year-round – dense dark color
- Extremely drought tolerant
- Once established they require low water
- Very low maintenance – no special care needed
- Likes full sun
- Long life span
- Project start date June 4, 2018
- Estimated completion date June 29, 2018