Of Sun City West, Inc.
Date: May 20, 2019
To: RCSCW Governing Board
From: William Schwind, General Manager
Subject: Weekly Activity Report – May 20, 2019
- Kuentz Liberty Field Update: The Club funded Artificial Turf Replacement Project was completed on 5/20/19. The Club-Funded Cantilever Shade Canopy footings were completed on 5/16/19. The project is still in progress. We are waiting on post powder coating and installation dates.
- RHJ Small Dog Park Update: Three Canopy Frame Installations have been completed. The Masonry Block Wall is in progress.
- We completed the Grandview Pro-Shop Reid-West Drainage Correction on 5/14/19.
- Construction on the Beardsley/Yoga Card Room begins on 6/17/19 as we begin working on our Space Utilization Plans. Most of the work on this room will be done in-house and includes walls, a lot of drywall, extension of the kitchen, LED lighting.
- We are reviewing three bids for Housekeeping vendors to see if we can improve on cost or performance.
- We are preparing for the relocation of clubs and storage of their equipment as we begin our Space Utilization Plans.
- Our Sunday Special brought in $748.
- 30 bowlers participated in a small tournament this past weekend. There were no “300” games in the Tournament but the averages were very good.
- A bit of RH Johnson Lanes Trivia: Over the last 15 years, the pin setters for all 30 lanes have gone up and down about 60,000,000 times. WOW!
- Gregg had to push back Club networking as other priorities came up. He will pick up the networking project again as soon time permits.
- We are working on scheduling a meeting this week with Sun Health regarding autonomous vehicles.
- Our new Help Desk Rep., Mike Kohn continues working to improve the appearance and operation of our website with great results. There are some interesting things being developed for the site.
- Our next meeting regarding the 2020 Census will take place in September 2019. We are making plans for computers to be available at the R. H. Johnson Library for responding to the 2020 Census.
- All of the new IT equipment ordered will be in on June 30, 2019.
- The deadline for July’s issue of the Rec. Center News is Friday, June 7.
- The 2019 jigsaw puzzle will be unveiled at 9:30 a.m. on Wednesday, June 5. This year’s puzzle, the Magical Bookcase, contains 18,000 pieces but is expected to be a real challenge. All residents are welcome to participate during normal library hours.
- We will present three sessions of virtual reality on Tuesday, on Wednesday and on Friday of this week and next week. Small groups provide the best experience, so preregistration is required. Interested residents my call the Data Resource Center at 623-544-6644 to reserve specific times.
- The library is seeking more volunteers. We need Technology Trainers plus a few Virtual Reality Assistants.
- The Legos for Adults Group joins the Poetry Group and the four Book discussion Groups in taking a vacation during the summer. The groups will resume meeting at the library in the fall.
- The Summer Reading Club begins on May 29 and runs for 14 weeks until September 7. Participants select what they wish to read from all of the R. H. Johnson Library’s print books, CD audiobooks, ebooks, and digital audiobooks. Weekly logs are submitted for the chance to win prizes. Those who participate for a minimum of 8 weeks will receive a coupon for one free $1 book at the November 16, 2019 Friends of the Library book sale. Registration packets may be picked up at the library beginning on May 29.
- The Village Store will be open for one more Saturday until October 2019.
- Our new CFO, Peter Finelli started today, 5-20-19. Welcome on Board Pete!
- The Governing Board will vote on the FY 2019/2020 Budget at Thursday’s Meeting.
- Member Services has processed about 102 APF Fees less 13 refunds which equals 89 APFs through May 17, 2019 in May vs 133 for the same time in 2018. With only 44 to equal last May and 9 days to collect we are sure we will get there.
- Our Memorial Day – Uptown Angels Event scheduled for Monday, May 27 at Palm Ridge is SOLD OUT!
- Individual tickets are available now for our Summer Series, Robbie Howard (6/4), Kate and the Dream Band (7/2) and the Dry Heat Band (8/6). All shows are at 3 and 7 pm at Palm Ridge.
- Check out our Sizzling Summer Series for June, July and August. Tickets are now on sale! Shows are on various dates with two shows each day, 1 p.m. and 3 p.m. Entertainment includes Cactus Clarinets, Country Crossroads, Dan McCorison, With a Little Help From My Friends and John Gamber. Check the Box Office for dates and times.
- Tickets are now available for our Pool Party, Come Back Buddy scheduled for June 14, 2019 from 7 to 9 p.m. at the R.H. Johnson Pool.
- We are 2% down in revenue and 2% up in rounds for the month of May 2019.
- We will be meeting with Briarwood Country Club to make plans for a joint event and will be contacting other local golf courses who may also be interested in this as well.
- We will be developing a Promo Schedule for all of our Pro Shops to showcase our merchandising.
- Pebblebrook reopens tomorrow, 5/21/19, after being closed for aerification.
- Echo Mesa Golf Course will close Tuesday, May 28th for summer projects. The golf course is scheduled to reopen October 23 after fall over-seeding.
- Stardust Golf Course will close for course maintenance on Thursday, May 30 and reopen on Tuesday, June 4, 2019.
- Range Tee Project Update at Trail Ridge: Leveling was completed last week. New irrigation is scheduled to be installed this week. Sod is scheduled to be installed on Thursday, May 30. It will be about 2 ½ to 3 weeks before this tee will be available for use. We have set up an alternate tee for this hole during the project closure.
- Ball Park Project Update: Sod was installed last week around the warning track and the edge of the infield.
- Lawn Bowl greens will be closed next Wednesday, May 29 for laser leveling. One of the greens should be open for play on Friday, May 31. The Lawn Bowls club is okay with this closure.
- We will be attending a “Stop the Bleeding” Tourniquet seminar this week on Thursday at 11:30 a.m.
May/June Upcoming Events
|Event||Event Date||Location||Time||Ticket Sales|
|Memorial Day – Uptown Angels||Monday May 27, 2019||Palm Ridge||1pm||SOLD OUT|
|Summer Series – Robbie Howard||Tuesday, June 4, 2019||Palm Ridge||3 & 7pm||Tickets Available|
|Sizzling Summer – Cactus Clarinets||Tuesday, June 11, 2019||Lecture Hall||1pm||Tickets Available|
|Sizzling Summer – Country Crossroads||Tuesday, June 25, 2019||Lecture Hall||1 & 3pm||Tickets Available|
May Current / Upcoming Ticket Sales
|Event||Event Date||Location||Time||Ticket Sales|
|4th of July Concert||July 4, 2019||Palm Ridge||1pm||Available Now|
|Fall Fest||10-25 thru 10-27||Beardsley||7pm||Available Now|
|Robbie Howard – 6/4|
Kate and the Dream Band – 7/2
Dry Heat Band – 8/6
|Palm Ridge||3 & 7pm||Individuals Available NOW|
|Pool Party –|
Come Back Buddy
|June 14, 2019||RHJ Pool||7 – 9pm||Available Now|
|Sizzling Summer Series|
|Cactus Clarinets 6/11|
Country Crossing 6/25
Dan McCorison 7/16
With a Little Help From my Friends 7/30
Sentimental Journey 8/13
John Gamber 8/27
|1 or 3pm||Tickets Available NOW|
|2020 TOP HAT Subscription||Dates Vary 2020||Palm Ridge||3 & 7pm||Subscriptions Available NOW|
Memorial Day Show next Monday – SOLD OUT
May 20, 2019
2019/2020 SUBSCRIPTIONS – (Only 700 seats available for subscriptions)
|2020 Top Hat Subscriptions 3PM||Palm Ridge||409||58%||Dates Vary|
|2020 Top Hat Subscriptions 7PM||Palm Ridge||684||98%||Dates Vary|
|2019 Summer Series 3PM||Palm Ridge||85||25%||Date Vary|
|2019 Summer Series 7 PM||Palm Ridge||122||36%||Dates Vary|
Summers Series no longer available – Individual Sales now available
|2020 Cruise Ship Subscriptions 7PM SOLD OUT|
|Palm Ridge||700||100%||Dates Vary|