Awards, special section slated for April
There are many Sun City West residents and business stakeholders who are making a difference in our community every day. They’re community and business leaders, mentors and nonprofit supporters. We’re looking for residents and businesses from every industry and profession who’ve made a difference in our community, blazed a trail for the rest of us and are leaving a mark in Sun City West.
The Sun City West Independent and the Recreation Centers of Sun City West want to celebrate our Hometown Heroes of Sun City West, with an award luncheon presentation 11: 30 a.m. to 1 p.m. April 24 at Grandview Terrace, 14515 W. Granite Valley Drive. This is our fifth year celebrating Sun City West’s community heroes.
Our winners will be featured with a profile and photo in our 2019 Hometown Heroes Special Section, inserting in the Sun City West Independent, and will be honored at a luncheon.
Residents and businesses are encouraged to nominate heroes from the following categories.
Please describe in 250-500 words why the person or business you’re nominating is a hero. Award decisions will be based on the information you provide, so please include details and as much supporting information as possible. Nominees should demonstrate integrity, character, and leadership. Submission deadline is March 13.
- Lifetime Achievement: Long standing community member or business leader who has consistently stepped forward and exemplified a passion for giving to the Sun City West community.
- Educator: Teacher who has inspired students beyond their own expectation
- Mentor: Person who has made a dramatic impact in the life of others
- Community Volunteer: Person has donated their time and skill to improve the community
- Veteran: Former military person who continues to serve within the community
- Youth Cheerleader: Person who works with, and is a role model, for our younger community
- Emergency Responder: Person who steps forward during an emergency
- Spiritual: A spiritual leader who displays their own good and unlocks the potential in others.
- Small Business: Business less than 25 employees that leads in its industry and serves the community
- Large Business: Business more than 25 employees that leads in their industry and serves the community
- Trailblazer: Business that is spearheading innovative or new products and serves the community
- Health Care: Influential health care organization that provides top notch care for the community
- Nonprofit Business Volunteer: Individual who volunteers at a business and exceeds their role
- Nonprofit Organization: Provides a needed service for community at no profit
- Entrepreneur: An individual who launches an idea into a new business and serves the community
A special committee will review the nominations and select a Hometown Hero for each category. Deadline for submissions is March 13, 2019. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Hometown Hero, or write to 17220 N. Boswell Blvd., Suite 101, Sun City, AZ 85373. Emails should be sent as Word attachments with .doc extension, or the text can be placed in the body of the email. For more information, visit YourValley.net.