Early voting kicks off March 11 election
Sun City West owner members who want to vote online in the March 11, 2019, election for Governing Board Directors may register now. See below for more information.
With online voting beginning March 4, this Youtube video gives an overview of the Governing Board election as well as a walk-through for the online voting process.
If you plan to vote in person March 11 at the Data Resource Center, make sure to bring your rec card.
Robert Carneiro and his wife, Theresa, bought their home in Sun City West in 2007 after visiting the community…
Donna Maloney said she wants to run to for the Board because she believes Sun City West is at a crossroads.
Gerry Connor says he has lived in many places throughout the country, and was a Navy brat for 10 years…
The son of a career Air Force sergeant, Bernard “Bernie” Reed enlisted in the U.S. Marine Corps in 1970…
Sue Fitzsimons was appointed in September as a Sun City West Director to complete a one-year term …
Learn more about the proposed Bylaw change you will be asked to vote on this March.
Registration is as simple as ensuring the Association has a valid email address on file for each owner member who wants to vote online. Send your name, rec card number and email address to email@example.com. Below are some items to remember:
- Only owner members may vote in the Governing Board election.
- You must be in good standing (not suspended or behind in dues) to vote.
- Spouses and significant others may NOT share an email address. Each voter must have his or her own unique email address to vote online. Employees who are also owner members must have a valid email address on file under their membership profile to receive an online ballot.
- Residents must have valid email (unique for each voting member) on file with the Rec Centers by 5 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 27, to receive an online ballot. Send your name, rec card number and email address to firstname.lastname@example.org by Feb. 27 to vote online. You may also send us an email with that information if you’re not sure: if you have a valid email on file; if you and your spouse have separate emails; or if your email address is under your employee number instead of your membership number. We will verify and add any email changes you send us.
- To ensure your ballot does not get caught in spam, be sure to add email@example.com to your email address book or “safe senders” list. You may also send an email to that address, subject line “Sun City West,” and that will add it to your recognized safe emails. This should be done before March 4.
- Just because you receive the Association’s e-news, does not mean you are registered to vote. If in doubt, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can ensure your email is on file.
- All owner-members in good standing who have an email on file with the Rec Centers as of 27, will receive an invitation by email to vote online. The email will be sent early on the morning of March 4.
- Members may vote online, using the unique link that will be sent to their email address, between 8 a.m. Monday, March 4, and noon Friday, March 8.
- For those who don’t wish to vote online, voting will be offered in the Data Resource Center at the R.H. Johnson Library between 10 a.m. and 3 p.m. Monday, March 11. Those voting in person MUST bring their rec cards with them.
- Any owner members unable to visit the polls on March 11 and needing assistance with voting early, may request a home visit from an Election Committee volunteer. Call Governing Board Executive Assistant Karen Roepken at 623-544-6115 by March 4 to schedule a visit.